Protectors of Lore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tale of Konsun

2 posters

Go down

The Tale of Konsun Empty The Tale of Konsun

Post  Jaster Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:51 pm

I'm not much of a writer, but I spontaneously came up with a part of a story on the bus a while ago. Here's what I came up with:

In a different realm, there are 2 kinds of people: those with special powers, and those without special powers. There was also an evil king who had abused his powers. This is a story about how a boy named Konsun will take on this evil tyrant.
On the day he was born, Konsun was marked for a great fate, but no one knew it. Misfortune always seemed to follow him, as well. Shortly after he was born,when he was around 3 years old, his parents died, murdered by the Evil Tyrant. Shortly after, he met a girl, who was about 2 years older than he was. Her name was Callie. She and he became like brother and sister. One day, when Konsun was 5, a weird, dark portal appeared, and evil looking tentacles came out, and dragged Callie in. Konsun heard a voice, saying "Come! Become my slave! Become the slave of the Evil King!" From that day on, due to all the misfortune that seemed to follow him, Konsun was shunned by all the townfolk of his village. So he moved elsewhere.

---17 years later---

Konsun had become a great warrior. He now always lived in the forest, serving as a guardian of the small village he lived near, and had lived near for about 5 years. He could use his powers to communicate to the souls of animals and trees. He could tell, from the looks of the soul, whether the soul was good or evil, due to his training against robbers and bandits. He called this ability 'Soul Vision.'He was also well skilled with any form of weapon, due to his ability to talk to the animals, who could tell him bits of info about how to use them. He also had a strange ability. Sometimes, his emotions could influence the field of battle with certain effects. He wasn't sure about those effects, but he learned he had this ability from the trees, who had soul vision as well. As for the village he protected, he lived a couple of miles from them, but in return for his protection, all he asked was a little kindness, the regular services, such as blacksmithing, and info about the Evil Tyrant whenever the tavern keeper heard gossip about him.
One day, or rather, late afternoon, he heard a scream. Sounded like a girl he thought.Wondering what was going on, he ran towards the yell. When he came to the source, he saw a young, pretty girl running from 5 bandits. Using soul vision to make sure it was as it appeared, he attacked the bandits. He quickley jumped out of the trees, and, drawing the blade, cut the nearest one in half. He suddenly ducked, avoiding a slice that would have easily cut him in 2, and made a quick spin kick to knock the bandits off their feet. Then, he did a fast spin slice, killing all but one. The final bandit tossed a dagger at him, but he caught it, and threw it back at him, catching him between the ribs and going through the heart. Having taken care of the attackers, he explained to the girl, "I heard your scream, and thought you could use some help." "Thank you very much." She said. Looking up, Konsun replied,"looks like night should be here soon. Seeing as the village you are probably going towards is a few miles from here, you are welcome to stay at my camp for the night." "That would be very nice, thank you." She said with a grateful smile. Leading her back to his camp and training ground, he started a fire and started cooking some herbs, vegetables, and fruits together to make a wonderful concoction. "So, what's your name, anyways?" the girl asked. "Konsun. And yours?" "Konsun, huh? interesting name. My name's Anna." "Nice name you've got there yourself. So, what brings you to travel so far as to get to Coyer?" he asked, refering to the town he protected. "I just have business there, that's all. You know, trying to avoid the Evil Tyrant." Hearing that name, Konsun shot up. "What has he done this time?" "He attacked my village. I'm the sole survivor." "Dang. Sounds pretty harsh." "So, why do you live a few miles away from your town?" "I don't live there. I just help travelers along the way, and protect them from any danger." He then explained his story. "Food's ready. Time to eat. Here." He said, handing her a plate he made from the rocks a while ago. "Thanks." she said.
The next morning, he accompnied her to the village, wanting to get there himself, for info. While Anna went exploring town, he went straight to the tavern keeper, Marv. "Heard any rumors about the Evil Tyrant yet?" he asked. "Yes, actually. I heard his army was about 50 miles south from here." "Excellent." He said,with a terrifying battle look on his face. "So what are you going to do?" asked a voice behind him. It was Anna. "I'm going to confront them." He said. "I'll come. I............er" She looked embarrased for a moment. Suddenly, her attitude changed. "I want to see how well you do. And anyways, I just want to see those morons get their butts kicked." "I could use some company anyways. You can come. But it's going to be a long journey. We'll leave as soon as your ready." When she was ready, they went, unaware of the long journey ahead of them, but hopeful that it would turn out for the best.

End of Chapter 1 More comming soon Or, at least, as soon as I think of more of it. Feel free to comment or make suggestions at any time.
Jaster
Jaster

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Konsun Empty Re: The Tale of Konsun

Post  Son Of Ares Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:11 am

I like it and I believe it is going somewhere.
Son Of Ares
Son Of Ares

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaster Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:24 pm

It will be going somewhere eventually. I have another part, but I need a smooth transition from 1 part to the next.
Jaster
Jaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum